ASL Translator app for iPhone, iPad and Android
There are two parts to this app
1. TEXT-TO-SIGN LANGUAGE
2. ASL PHRASES
Text-To-Sign Language Generator (Signed English)
Over 30,000 words translated into Seamless Sign Language Video in real time! Patented technology seamlessly connects each signed word to display a smooth video stream, the only software with this patented unique feature.
Translate entire books, emails, documents or text from the internet.
Type a sentence, or cut and paste text into the text box and see the video translation in real time. (up to 50 words at a time).
The text-to-sign feature translates English text into ASL signs and creates sentences in “English word order”. However it is not “Signed Exact English” (SEE) we improve the translation with our Smart Translation Algorithm.
Words that are not recognized are finger spelled.
Made in cooperation with Signtel Inc., makers of the “Signtel Interpreter” Sign Language translation software. The Signtel Interpreter was developed with the assistance of deaf product developers, professional Sign Language instructors and interpreters.
NOTE: (This app is NOT a full version of Signtel Interpreter)
• Seamless connectivity between signs
• Over 30,000 words recognized
• Over 1,400 Idioms and Phrases
• Translate up to 50 words at a time
• Cut and paste large amount of text
• Translate entire numerical system
• Time, Money, Dates
• General numbers
• Names i.e. Mr. Brown
• Model mouths each word for lip readers
• Finger spells any word not in our database
• Pause, Fast Forward, Rewind, and Replay Video
• ASL Signs in English word order, plus our Smart Translation Algorithm.
INTERNET REQUIRED for the text-to-sign translator. (WIFI recommended)
AUDIO: If you are a hearing person, there is no sound with this application.
Below is the Text to Sign Language Feature on iPad
How the Seamless Video Looks
HOW TO USE THE TEXT-TO-SIGN FEATURE
1) Type text into the text box, or copy text from the internet or other document and paste it into the text box.
2) Click the “Play” button and wait several seconds. (About 1-15 seconds) (Note: The more text you put in the text box, the longer the wait for translation)
3) A new “Play” button will appear on the video screen, touch the center of the screen to see the video.
4) You can replay the video or go back and click the “Clear” button to remove the old text from the text box.
Enter money like this: $500 or 500 dollars.
Enter time like this: 12:45 or 12:45 p.m.
Enter general numbers like this: 500
Enter dates like this: 7-4-2010 or July 4, 2010
Enter names like this: Mr. Brown
About the “Smart Translation Algorithm”
• Over 1,400 idioms and common English phrases are recognized and their meaning is translated. For example “cool as a cucumber” is translated to the sign for “calm”.
• The numerical system is recognized and translated. In ASL signs for dates, time, money and general numbers have different movements for each meaning. For example, the sign for 4 o’clock has a side to side movement, while the sign for 4 dollars has a twisting motion.
• Names are translated. “Mr. Brown” is correctly finger spelled while “a brown house” shows the sign for the color brown.
• Words/signs such as "to" "the" "are" "am" "be", which are not used in ASL, are automatically removed from sentences.
110 ASL Phrases (ASL)
Learn how to sign ASL idioms and phrases. Jessica Tanner (deaf actress) and Dwight D. Godwin, NIC (certified ASL interpreter), translate over 100 idioms and phrases such as “do you need a doctor” and “train go sorry” into American Sign Language. (No internet required)
There are many different forms of American Sign Language. For example, there are over 100 different ways to sign “Birthday” and “Picnic” ASL signs vary in different parts of the country and even in different small social groups. We tried to take this into account and provide signs that are most commonly used.
American Sign Language is so much about expression, including movement of the eye brows, cheeks, eyes, cheeks, lips, and tongue. Our Sign Language models display these important expressions, you may notice that most signs are also mouthed for lip readers, but there are some signs that are specifically a facial expression without mouthing the word.
Word List for ASL Phrases
ASL Phrases on iPhone
ASL Phrases on iPad
We learn so much from our customers and love to hear what they are saying so we added a suggest feature. We read every suggestion and will use your feedback for updates.
If you need tech support please use the contact us button in the app or this website.
Copyright © 2014 By Software Studios LLC All Rights Reserved